Samantha Labor has been a solicitor for 19 years and joined AST in October 2016. she Specialises in Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Read her spotlight interview below
1.Tell us a bit about yourself – who you are and what your role is?
My name is Samantha Labor and I specialise in Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. I have been a solicitor for 19 years.
2. When did you join AST Hampsons? .
I joined AST in October 2016.
3. I What is the most unusual or interesting job that you have ever been involved with?
I have always worked as a solicitor. However, at university I joined the Officer Training Corps but soon realised that I was not cut out for life as an Army Officer,
4. What do you like most about AST Hampsons?
It is a very friendly firm, more like a big family than anything else.
5. Can you describe a typical day?
Every day is different which is the great thing about my job. I could be seeing clients in the office, going to court or meetings with barristers and medical experts or being in the office working on my files.
6. If you were going to be marooned on a desert island and could choose to take just three things, what would you bring?
- A radio – Obviously it will have to be solar powered. I would be able to keep myself entertained for hours listening to Radio 4.
- A hammock – I would love a comfortable sleep under the shade of a palm tree
- A book – some big tome that would take me ages to read and one that I would not mind rereading over and over again
7. What made you decide on the job you do?
I decided to be a solicitor when I was a little girl. I liked debating and it seemed obvious that was the career choice for me. I didn’t really consider anything else.