Resolution has launched a new Code of Practice for its members.
Resolution (a specialist organisation for family solicitors) says it chose to revise the Code of Practice to reflect the changing family justice environment.
Resolution members follow a Code of Practice that promotes a constructive approach to family issues and considers the needs of the whole family, in particular the best interests of the children.
The principles of the code are widely recognised and have been adopted by the Law Society as recommended good practice for all family lawyers.
The code requires lawyers to deal with each other in a civilised way and to encourage their clients to put aside their differences and reach fair agreements.
Members of Resolution pledge to:-
- Reduce or manage any conflict and any confrontation for example, by not using inflammatory language.
- Support and encourage families to put the best interests of the family first.
- Act with honesty, integrity and objectivity.
- Help clients understand and manage the potential long-term financial and emotional consequences of decisions.
- Listen to and treat everyone with respect and without judgment.
- Use their experience and knowledge to guide clients through the options available to them.
- Continually develop their knowledge and skills
- Use the Resolution Guides to Good Practice in their day to day work.
A trusted lawyer can play a big part in helping to sort out issues involving your family. Wherever you are, there is a Resolution member near you, ready to help.